Terms and Conditions
Russell Investments Better Together 2020 promotion
- Participation/entry in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter
The Promoter is Russell Investments Employee Benefits Pty Ltd ABN 70 099 865 013, AFSL 220705 (“REB”), of Level 29, 135 King St, Sydney NSW 2000, phone 1800 555 667 (“The Promoter”).
- Who can enter?
The promotion is only open to Eligible Entrants. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who:
• is a resident of Australia aged 16 years or older as at time of entry. Eligible Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the Eligible Entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion;
• is not an employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the promotion (or a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling [whether natural or by adoption] of such an employee); and
• is a member of the Russell Investments Master Trust as either an iQ Super, Nationwide Super or Resource Super member for all or part of the Promotion Period and at the time of the Prize Draw on Friday 29 January 2021.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, a person (“Person”) is not entitled to enter this promotion if:
• the Promoter has formed the opinion that the Person has breached the conditions of entry of a previous contest run by the Promoter; and
• the Person has been given written notice by the Promoter stating that, as a result of such opinion of the Promoter, the Person is ineligible to enter contests, competitions or promotions conducted by the Promoter.
- Any Person referred to in this clause shall remain ineligible to enter a contest, competition or promotion conducted by the Promoter until such time as when the Promoter provides written notice to that Person stating otherwise.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
- Promotion Period
00:00 hrs (AEDST) on Wednesday 1 April 2020 to 24:00 hrs (AEDST) on Thursday 31 December 2020 (“Promotion Period”), where 00:00 hrs is the start of a day and 24:00 hrs is the end of a day.
- Entry Method
Entry into the promotion is automatic where an Eligible Entrant, during the Promotion Period satisfies the Entry Criteria as set out below. Eligible Entrants that satisfied the Entry Criteria between Monday 2 March 2020 and Tuesday 31 March 2020 will also be awarded an automatic entry.
- Any person who submits an entry who would otherwise be an Eligible Entrant but who does not wish to enter the promotion may advise the Promoter. For iQ Super and Resource Super members please call 1800 555 667 and for Nationwide Super members please call 1800 025 241. The Eligible Entrant will be deemed ineligible to enter the promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission, interruption or otherwise.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- Entry Criteria
Eligible Entrants will be granted one (1) entry into the promotion if they consolidate a minimum of $2,000 from another super account into their iQ Super, Nationwide Super or Resource Super account during the Promotion Period. If the consolidated amount is less than $2,000 an Eligible Entrant may still be granted one (1) entry into the promotion, but only if that consolidated amount is the total of all of the Eligible Entrant’s other available super funds. For the removal of doubt, another super account means an account that is not an account in the Russell Investments Master Trust. Entries will be awarded once the funds reach the Eligible Entrant’s iQ Super, Nationwide Super or Resource Super account. iQ Super and Resource Super Eligible Entrants can consolidate their super over the phone by calling 1800 555 667, sending a manual consolidation form to iQ Super by Russell Investments, Locked Bag A4094, Sydney South NSW 1235 (so that it is received during the Promotion Period) or by logging into their online account member portal via www.russellinvestments.com.au. Nationwide Super Eligible Entrants can consolidate their super over the phone by calling 1800 025 241, sending a manual consolidation form to Nationwide Super, Locked Bag A4094, Sydney South NSW 1235 (so that it is received during the Promotion Period) or by logging into their online account member portal via nationwidesuper.com.au.
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, an Eligible Entrant may only enter the promotion once during the Promotion Period, that is, the Eligible Entrant will have one (1) entry in the promotion.
- Prize Draw Details
The prize draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 16:00 (AEDST) on Friday 29 January 2021 (“Prize Draw”). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- Prize Pool
The total prize pool is valued at $5,290.
- Prize Details
The first ten (10) valid entries drawn will each win an Apple 10.2-inch 32 GB iPad with Wi-Fi valued at $529 (“Prize”). In the absolute discretion of the Promoter, the Promoter may replace the Prize with the latest version of the Prize if there is a newer version available for the same, equal or higher value at the time of the Prize Draw.
- The Prize is not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise advised.
- Subject to the Unclaimed Prize Draw clause below, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Winner Notification and Publication
The winners will be notified by phone and in writing (by email or letter) within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw. Their name and state/territory of residence will be published on the Russell Investments website (russellinvestments.com.au/super) from Friday 5 February 2021 and will remain published on the website for a period of not less than 28 days. In the event a winner is a resident of South Australia, their name will also be announced in The Advertiser on Friday 5 February 2021.
- Eligible Entrants are responsible for keeping the Promoter informed of any changes to their contact information during and immediately following the Promotion Period. In the event a winner cannot be contacted, the Promoter will continue to attempt to contact the winner up until the Prize Claim Date outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Prize Claim Date and Time
The Prize must be claimed by 16:00 (AEST) on Wednesday 5 May 2021.
- Unclaimed Prize Draw Details
A draw for any Prizes that remain unclaimed will take place at 16:00 (AEST) Wednesday 5 May 2021 at the same location as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
- Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication
Winners of the Unclaimed Prize Draw (if any) will be notified by phone and in writing (by email) within two (2) business days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw. Their name and state/territory of residence will be published on the Russell Investments website (russellinvestments.com.au/super) from Wednesday 12 May 2021 and will remain published on the website for a period of not less than 28 days. In the event a winner is a resident of South Australia, their name will also be announced in The Advertiser on Wednesday 12 May 2021.
- Permit numbers
Authorised under trade promotion permits: NSW Permit No. LTPS/20/43207. ACT Permit No. TP20/00494. SA Permit No. T20/429.
- Other information
All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information Eligible Entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of fulfilling the prize and otherwise administering the promotion. The Promoter may disclose Eligible Entrants’ personal information to third parties including but not limited to its contractors, agents, service providers, prize suppliers to assist in conducting the promotion or communicating with Eligible Entrants and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information.
- If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not participate in the promotion or claim a Prize and their entry may be discarded. It is a condition of entry into the promotion that the winner consents to the publication of their name and city of origin in any advertisements or articles relating to the promotion or the Prize and participates in any media releases which may include photographs of the winner by the Promoter. By entering this promotion, Eligible Entrants consent to the use of their names and likenesses in this manner. Personal information collected from Eligible Entrants in this Promotion is subject to the Promoter’s privacy policies, which can be found at russellinvestments.com.au and will be handled in accordance with all applicable laws in Australia. The Promoter will not disclose Eligible Entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia. Individuals can see the Promoter’s privacy policies for details on how to access or correct their personal information and for complaint lodgement and management process.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants and the winner must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or their winning of the Prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its associated companies and agencies using their name and image in promotional material. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners are liable for any tax payable in respect of the Prize.
- Neither the Promoter nor its officers, employees or agents nor Apple are liable for any loss, damage or expense (including loss of opportunity) suffered directly or indirectly in connection with a Prize that is lost (including but not limited to lost in transit), stolen, damaged or delayed or the variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
- Apple iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (” Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use the Prize.