Freecall 1800 025 241


What do I do if I have a complaint?

We take great pride in providing exceptional service to you, so we always take any inquiry or complaint very seriously. To this end, we have created a very simple and straightforward dispute resolution process to help if you’re dissatisfied.

Step 1

Call us on 1800 025 241, because our friendly staff will generally be able to resolve any issue immediately.

If our representative cannot resolve the issue to your satisfaction, or you are unhappy with the outcome and wish to make a complaint, please advise our representative. Alternatively, please contact us:

By mail

The Complaints Officer
Nationwide Super
Locked Bag A4094
Sydney South NSW 1235

By phone

1800 025 241

By email

Step 2

Once the Trustee receives your complaint, the Trustee will then consider your issue and a response will be provided to you as quickly as possible.

There are legislated timeframes for the Trustee to provide a response:

 Type of complaint  Timeframe to be resolved
 Superannuation complaints  45 days
 Superannuation death benefit  distribution complaints  90 days


If you do not receive a response within the timeframe required or you are not satisfied with the response, you may wish to take your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). Note, you can lodge a complaint with AFCA at any time during the dispute resolution process.

Step 3

AFCA is an independent body set up by the Federal Government to assist members or beneficiaries to resolve certain financial complaints.

Once AFCA accepts your complaint, it will attempt to resolve the matter through conciliation, which involves assisting the parties to come to a mutual agreement. If conciliation is unsuccessful, the complaint is formally referred to AFCA for a determination.

You should first ring to find out whether AFCA can handle your complaint and the type of information you need to provide. Further information can also be obtained from the AFCA website.

You can contact AFCA:

By mail

Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3

By phone

1800 931 678

By email


If you are looking to lodge a complaint with AFCA via their website, please select “Russell Investments Master Trust, current trustee Total Risk Management Pty Ltd” from the list of names on AFCA’s online complaints form.

For more information on our dispute resolution process, please see the Fund’s Complaints Policy and Complaints Charter.