Submitting your TFN
Why does Nationwide Super require your Tax File Number (TFN)?
Under the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993, Nationwide Super is authorised to collect, use and disclose your Tax File Number (TFN).
We may disclose your TFN to another superannuation provider, when your benefits are being transferred, unless you request in writing that your TFN not be disclosed to any other superannuation provider.
What happens if you don’t provide your TFN?
Declining to quote your TFN to Nationwide Super is not an offence. However, giving your TFN to us will have the following advantages:
- We will be able to accept all permitted types of contributions to your account(s);
- Other than the tax that may ordinarily apply, you will not pay more tax than you need to – this affects both contributions to your super and withdrawals when you start drawing down your super benefits; and
- It will make it much easier to find different super accounts in your name so that you receive all your super benefits when you retire.
How do you know if you have supplied your TFN?
It is likely that your employer has already provided your TFN to us, however you should confirm that we have your TFN by checking your member details through MemberAccess, or on the front page of your most recent Annual Super Statement.
How can you provide your TFN?
You can provide us with your TFN by one of the following methods:
- Update your details through MemberAccess
- Ask your employer to provide your TFN to us
- Download, complete and return a TFN Notification & Super Consent form to us
- Call us on 1800 025 241