Whether the end of your working life is just around the corner or a long way down the track –as you get closer to the age where you can access your super savings, one of the key decisions is what to do with it.
While a lump sum withdrawal may sound tempting, accessing your super savings through a regular income payment may also have its benefits.
We offer two pension account options to pre-retirees and retirees –the Pre-Retirement Pension and the Nationwide Super Pension.
The Nationwide Super Pre-Retirement Pension is designed for people aged between 56* and 64 who are still working, but want to access their super savings to boost their income or to make their money work harder with a transition to retirement strategy.
The Nationwide Super Pension is designed for people who have fully retired and want to access their super savings as a regular income payment, while still enjoying the tax and investment benefits of superannuation.
With a Nationwide Super Pension, you pay no tax on the investment earnings, and if you’re 60 or over, your pension payments and any lump-sums you withdraw are tax-free.
*or your relevant preservation age if you were born after 30 June 1960.
Features at a glance
- No entry fee applies
- Minimum opening balance of $10,000
- You can choose the amount of your regular payment (at least the minimum limit set by the Government)
- Your choice of fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or yearly payments to the bank account of your choice
- Online access to open and manage your account
- A choice of investment options
- Ability to make lump sum withdrawals (if eligible)
Need some help? We’ll call in the experts
To help you work out which options would best suit your needs – the best place to start may be a ‘Retirement Health Check’ with your very own Super Adviser.
This over-the-phone service from the experts at Link Advice* will give you the opportunity to:
- Ask questions about super and retirement planning to understand your current situation and how you are tracking towards retirement
- Explore ways to save money and maximise your retirement ‘nest egg’ to enjoy the lifestyle you want
- Receive an action plan prioritising the steps you can take to feel confident and in control of your super
As a special offer, we’ll pay the fees involved for the ‘Health Check’ (valued at $375). For more detailed retirement or transition-to-retirement advice that includes two phone meetings and a full implementation service, we’ll also subsidise 50% of the fee, with the balance to come from your super account – not directly from your pocket.
Once you’ve reached your ‘preservation age’, you’ll see a ‘Start a Pension’ tab in your MemberAccess account, which you can click on to get started with opening a pension account.
If you’d like to take advantage of our special offer with a Super Adviser, or need any other help, simply call us on 1800 025 241 and we’ll connect you directly through to the experts.