Freecall 1800 025 241


Making Personal Contributions

Contributing extra now can have a big impact later. Putting even a few dollars extra into your super each week could significantly boost your retirement savings and may even lower your taxable income.

What are the benefits of contributing more?

Life happens. As much as we try to have all parts of our lives under control, it’s natural to let some things slide. And you may be tempted to set-and-forget super, but making extra contributions is a great way to boost your retirement nest egg and pay less tax at the same time.

  • Make your money work hard for you – thanks to the power of compound interest, every extra dollar you contribute will be reinvested again and again, growing your savings faster.
  • Put your dollars into retirement, not tax – making a before-tax contribution could reduce your taxable income, essentially converting your tax dollars into retirement savings.
  • Give yourself the lifestyle you deserve – you deserve a great life after work. Contributing extra today could mean being able to have the lifestyle you imagine for yourself in retirement.

Making personal superannuation contributions for yourself or a spouse is simple with Nationwide Super.

Check out our Fact Sheets for details on Salary Sacrifice vs After-tax Contributions, Contribution Limits, and the government’s Super Co-Contribution initiative.

Once we have your Tax File Number (TFN), you can make contributions to your account using one of the following payment options:

Telephone & Internet Banking with BPAY®

BPAY is the quickest and easiest way to make a contribution to your Nationwide Super account.

Using telephone or internet banking from your bank or financial institution, it takes just a few simple steps to make a payment from your cheque, savings, debit, or transaction account.

BPAY steps:
  • Log on to phone or internet banking provided by your financial institution and select BPAY payments
  • Nominate the account you want the contribution to come from (credit card accounts are not permitted)
  • Enter the Biller Code shown below and your unique Biller Ref/CRN
  • Enter the payment amount and submit the transaction
  • NOTE: Members who were making contributions before 1 December 2018 via BPAY should note that your CRN has changed. Please login to your online account to see your new CRN.
Biller Code: 200089
Biller Name: Russell Investments Master Trust
Customer Reference Number (CRN): Please login to MemberAccess, check your member card or contact Nationwide Super on 1800 025 241 to obtain your unique CRN
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd
ABN 69 079 137 518
Please note that your financial institution may apply payment limits; payment may take up to 2 days to be received by us, depending on the cut-off time for your financial institution.

Payroll Deduction

You can also arrange to have contributions deducted from your salary through your employer. Simply download the Contributions Form for more information and an authority that you can provide to your employer.